SEPTEMBER 30TH IS RACE DAY IN OXFORD
Total Prize Purse of $11,000 for the Championship Races
Signup Links are Now Active:
Available to help on race day?
The inaugural Central Children’s Home Cross Country Festival will take place Saturday, September 30th on the grounds of the historic Central Children’s Home in Oxford, NC. The day long festival will incorporate several events:
- The Central Children’s Home Community 6k Race, open to all runners
- The NC USATF XC Championships for men and women in open and masters categories for individuals and teams.(Only USATF Members who are residents of NC are eligible for Championship awards and prize money).
- NC USATF Youth Races with five age groups and team competition for boys and girls
- The Granville Cross Country Invitational for NCHSAA 3A and smaller high schools
Packet pickup and course preview available on Friday from 3 pm until 7pm at the CCH Pavilion, adjacent to the start/finish area.
Packet pickup available on Saturday 6:30 am until close at 3:45 pm.
Area Congregations in Ministry Food Pantry will conduct a food drive during the Festival. Please help our neighbors in need by bringing canned and other non perishable food items to donate on race day. See the ACIM website for a description of needs. Thanks for your generosity
Race Day Schedule
Community, Open and Masters Events
- 8:00 Central Children’s Home 6 km Community Race – Open to the Public
- 9:00 NC USATF Women Masters 6 km Championship
- 9:50 NC USATF Women 6 km Championship
- 10:20 NC USATF Men 8 km Championship
- 11:00 NC USATF Men Masters 8 km Championship
NC USATF teams can declare up to 5 and score 3. All participants must be twelve month residents of North Carolina and be current USATF members to be eligible for prize money. ( Join at Membership | USA Track & Field (usatf.org.)
USATF Youth Events
Teams declare 5, score 3
- 12:00 Boys 7-8 2 km
- 12:20 Girls 7-8 2 km
- 12:40 Boys 9-10 3 km
- 1:05 Girls 9-10 3 km
- 1:30 Boys 11-12 3 km
- 2:05 Girls 11-12 3 km
- 2:30 Boys 13-14 4 km
- 2:55 Girls 13-14 4 km
- 3:30 Boys 15-18 5 km
- 4:00 Girls 15-18 5 km
Granville Cross-Country Invitational
3A High Schools NCHSAA 3A and smaller; declare up to 7, score 5
- 4:30 Boys High School Invitational 5 km
- 5:00 Girls High School Invitational 5 km
The grounds at the Central Children’s Home are an ideal setting for cross country. See you there on September 30th!
Gold Level Sponsors
Silver Level Sponsors
Bronze Level Sponsors